Habakkuk is one of the shortest books in the Bible, with only three chapters, you may have never heard of it before now. That is why I am giving you a verse from it, to hopefully inspire you to read the rest of the book and to remind you that God loves you very much and because of that will never leave you, even when you are angry at God for putting Sin in the world.
Though the fig-tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines,
though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food,
though there are no sheep in the sheepfold and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my saviour.
In these two verses, Habakkuk (whose prayer this is) says that even though his he is angry with the Lord for allowing all his crops to die and all his cattle to run away, resulting in him having no money, he will still be joyful and praise the Lord. Continue reading God will always love you
John 11:35 – “Jesus wept”
As most of you probably know John 11:35 is the shortest verse in the Bible however, it is far from being unimportant.
Lazarus was dead he had been in the tomb for four days when Jesus arrived Mary and Martha came to greet him as they walked to the tomb Jesus wept.
He cried because a man he loved was dead. People cry when loved ones die; maybe you’ve experienced that feeling when someone you know and love has died. From this, we know Jesus is human however when he raises Lazarus from the dead we know he is also fully god. When Jesus came down to earth he became a man by doing this he humbled himself. Later on, he would do this again by dying for us on the cross.
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. (John 3:16 NIV)
If you liked this post be sure to check out Tworiversblog post on John 11:35
‘All Scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly equipped for every good work.’ – 2 Timothy 3:16-17
The Bible alone is a marvellous book. Did you know it is the most shop lifted book in the world. If you want to discover many more facts about the Bible, you don’t know, click here to watch a video made by us here at RCG.
Using technology to read the Bible can have great advantages. Here are some of the advantages:
- You can set reminders to read the bible.
- There are a large range of amazing apps available to help you read the bible.
- Certain apps give you verses of the day that you can then reflect on.
- For kids, their are apps that allow you to play your way through the bible.
- You can read the Bible in many different languages.
- You can read the Bible wherever you are in the world.
- Not all Bible apps need WiFi, 3G or 4G!
- Some Bible apps are FREE.
- Being an online Christian hub of resources, we have reviewed two available Bible study apps on different platforms, which we use.
Hopefully, you find this helpful. If you would like us to review another Bible app, then please put it in the comment section below.
Bible by LifeChurch.tv
I use this app as my normal digital bible and thought it would be a good idea to write a review.
It recently got a pretty big update which added more social features and a more modern and flat interface. With so many versions its hard to find a version it doesn’t have. This may help you find the best translation for you. It`s a free app and can be downloaded on ios,android and windows so no matter what phone or tablet you have chances are you can download it. All versions of the bible are free to use however without an account you have to be online to read the bibles. With an account you can download offline versions which are great for when you don’t have access to Wi-Fi or cellular network.
The developer of this app also has an app specifically tailored for the younger audience by turning the bible into a game.
Guardians of Ancora
Guardians of Ancora is a free game aimed at 8-11 year old’s created by Scripture Union. Ancora is a mythical city of light but the light has been stolen and the player’s job is to restore light to the city. In the process the player plays through various Bible stories. You can read our full review of the game by clicking here. Continue reading Bible Study Apps
Today I am going to show a bunch of resources to help you learn from the bible.
- Bible Facts You Didn’t Know! – This a video produced by RCGMedia showing some facts about the Bible.
2. Bible Gateway – Bible Gateway is a great resource for reading and listening to loads of versions of the bible.
3. Bible Resources – This is a great resource for looking into deeper meanings within the Bible.
4. Life Application Study Bible – This is what I use to help write a lot of my posts here on RCG because I find the verse summaries and extra information really helpful.
5. Guardians of Ancora– We have talked a lot about Guardians of Ancora because it is a brilliant resource that allows children to play through bible stories. Click here to read our review of the FREE game.
I hope you have enjoyed today’s post and have found at least one resource in this post of interest or use to you.